Holy Ghost Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church is more than 100 years old and was the “Mother Church” for people of the Orthodox Christian faith in New England. Many emigres from Eastern Europe and even the Middle East and Greece originally found their church home at Holy Ghost. You can read details about the beginnings of our church in its parish history, and more about the Orthodox Christian Church in general in a brief overview written by The Very Rev. John Breck on our Website.
Our current rector is The Very Rev. Steven John Belonick, a graduate of St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary, and a seasoned priest of 34 years. Father Steven and the members of Holy Ghost Church welcome you to our Website and invite you to visit our church!
Holy Ghost Church has
- traditional Orthodox Christian services in the English language
- several ministries led by parish members
- an inner city food ministry to the hungry
- church school and summer church school for children
- adult study group
- coffee fellowship following Sunday Divine Liturgy
Holy Ghost Church is part of the
- Orthodox Church in America, with His Beatitude Metropolitan TIKHON, as our primate
- Diocese of New England, with His Eminence The Most Reverend NIKON, archbishop of Boston, as our bishop, and The Very Reverend John Kreta, rector of All Saints of North America Mission, Salisbury, CT, as our chancellor; and
- Connecticut Deanery, with The Very Rev. David Koles, rector of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, New Britain, CT, as our dean.
Members of our parish are
youngish people, and oldish people, and people in between…but all welcome you to our church community, where we pray, work, minister to others, and share our joys and sorrows.